Business Commercial & Corporate Law
Our attorneys have helped hundreds of businesses and individuals throughout southwest Minnesota with their business law, corporate law, and commercial law needs. From the initial business start-up and formation process, to ongoing growth and expansion through acquisitions and mergers, or for day-to-day business needs such as interpreting ever-changing state and federal regulations, we have the experience to help our business clients through the process so they can adapt to accomplish their financial and organizational goals and protect their business if it is involved in litigation.
Our firm helps clients with the following business law matters:
- Selection of an appropriate business entity and formation of corporations (C-corps and S-corps), general partnerships, limited partnerships (LPs), limited liability partnerships (LLPs), limited liability corporations (LLCs), joint ventures, proprietorships, and other organizations.
- Advising on director liability and indemnification
- Assisting with arranging corporate financing
- Preparing stock purchase and redemption agreements
- Advising on reorganizations, mergers, acquisitions, and dissolutions
- Preparing agreements among shareholders, partners, and members.
- Maintaining proper corporate minutes
- Advising businesses on insurance needs and coverages
- Documenting secured and unsecured loans
- Advising on and documenting mergers, acquisitions or sales of businesses
- Business succession planning
- Buy/sell agreements and non-compete agreements
- Contract negotiations
- Contract enforcement / breach of contract
- Dispute resolution
- Business litigation and commercial litigation.