Real Estate Law
Whether it involves residential, commercial, or agricultural real estate, Stoneberg, Giles & Stroup, P.A., will take the time to make sure you understand your rights and obligations involving those significant investments.
We can assist you with all aspects of a real estate transaction. We work closely with many area commercial and residential lenders and provide them with timely and accurate title information and closing services. We are a full service Commonwealth Title Insurance Company agent. Our in-house association with Southwest Abstract & Title provides us the unique ability to provide comprehensive services, from the purchase agreement to closing, under one roof.
We also represent owners, developers, and governmental bodies concerning land use, drainage, and real estate taxation issues which may impact a real estate investment. If there are title issues, such as tax liens or mechanics’ liens we can assist you with legal action to clear title before the closing. If you have encountered problems with drainage, access or encroachments, we have the expertise to correct them for you.
Our firm helps clients with the following business law matters:
- Commercial Leases, Agricultural Leases, and Residential Leases
- Purchase Agreements
- Examination of Abstracts of Title and Torrens Certificates
- Title Reports and Attorney Title Opinions
- Title Insurance and Related Issues
- Document Preparation
- Closing Documents
- Mortgages and Security interests
- Escrow Closings and Loan Closings
- Easements/Right of Way
- Condemnation/Eminent Domain
- Adverse Possession
- Tax Liens or Mechanics Liens
- Clearing title problems (i.e. cloud on title)
- Real estate litigation
- Landlord – Tenant Issues
- 1031 Exchanges